Is it just me, or does Yahoo just seem to be copying everything Google does these days?
Here are some examples of things Yahoo has been copying in the online marketing world:
- Yahoo Search Marketing (YSM) has copied Google's terminology for the structure of its advertising campaigns
- It is adding quality score functionality
- It is making available its own equivalent of Google Analytics
- It is going to be limiting ad descriptions to 70 characters (the same as AdWords 2 x 35 character limit fields)
- And now, it has announced that PayPal buttons are going to appear on it's sponsored search listings in just the same way that Google Checkout buttons appear alongside AdWords ads.
Tags: yahoo, google, ysm